Monday, November 23, 2009

Waterfall @ Monkey falls - for the first time.

Never in my life (before I visited valparai), I had got a chance to bath under a water fall and a pond, since I was born and brought up in a urban city except you can find artifical waterfall and pond in a theme/amusement parks. During my trip to Valparai, it was my first ever waterfall experience.


Valparai a beautiful hill station lies high up above the ranges of Annamalai, above 3500 ft from sea level. We had to cross 40 Hairpin bends to reach the destination. We drove a car, from Coimbatore to Valparai, on the half way we felt tiring and as we entered Valparai, Monkey falls welcomed us. Monkey falls is almost at the foot of Valparai. Local here say that a trip to Valparai is not complete without a bathe at monkey falls.
We got down the car and amazed by the beauty of the place, we were happy to spend some time there in the monkey falls. And yes, there will be 1000's of Monkeys around...so Beware! We then had to climb some rocks and came to a flat open plain shaded by huge trees, we walked across this plain and the whole area was rocky, green, lush and so silent and we saw this little opening through some bamboo and there it was this pool and water rushing down into it from a height i could not make out, the water just seemed to be falling out of the sky. It just really took my breath away. This place is a delight to eyes of water lovers, one cannot resist getting drenched there. My mind initially saying NO to get drenched in a waterfall, honestly I was bit scary and hesitant, when I heard the sound of water gushing from high skies. I later made up my mind to experience this new adventure. I was surprised to see small kids enjoying there. I said to myself let me try this ! There was around 25-30 members already taking bath. I changed my clothes and walked towards the area where people stood still and enjoyed the bath. The first time when the water poured on me, it felt like as though some rocks are hitting upon my head, the force of the water (cannot measure it) was carrying my whole body away. I was enjoying every moment along with my friends who are like experts trying new things to make themselves feel unique from others and I was like holding them every moment. I can’t remember how long we all stood there, but I experienced something energizing me and felt totally fresh, like a new day in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
^ Scroll to Top